The Middle East
Middle East Cambridge is a restaurant, bar and live music venue located in the city’s Central Square area. First opening its doors to the public in 1970 when it was a simple family-run Lebanese eatery, Middle East has gone from strength to strength over the years, and is now an award-winning venue, and a valuable addition to the already top-standard Boston dining and nightlife scene.
1975 was the year that saw the Cambridge venue expand its reach, purchasing an adjoining storefront which subsequently gave the hotspot the space to start incorporating live music and dancing into its operations. This 200 capacity area is now known as Upstairs at Middle East. In 1988, Downstairs at Middle East came into being when the venue purchased and converted an abandoned bowling alley in the building’s basement. World-class performers from a wide range of genres often come to play this 550-capacity space. The Corner and Zu Zu complete the Middle East Cambridge venue.
While it was the restaurant which started it all, and which to this day remains a delicious and highly regarded dining out option in the Boston area, Middle East Cambridge is arguably best known as a live music venue. The variety of performance spaces, each boasting excellent acoustics and state-of-the-art audio technology, allows for a wide range of genres and performers – from up and coming local acts, to already established international stars.
Keep track of whats on at Middle East Cambridge by making Eventful your source, and checking out the schedule right here!
Boston's Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- Home Section
- Ray Manzarek, Keyboardist For The Doors, Passes Away At 74
- Code Word for Cash with K&M
- Karlson and McKenzie
- K&M Use a Woodchipper to Shred a Grandfather Clock, Among Other Things [VIDEO]
- The Doors Wouldn't Have Been The Doors Without Ray Manzarek
- Bono Talks Poverty and New U2 Music
- 1979: @eltonjohndotcom became the first Western artist to tour the USSR. wzlx.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/pho… http://t.co/qfSzU0sjxZ 2 hours ago
- Here's the audio of the insane bat mitzvah chaperone @KarlsonMcKenzie talked about today - warning, F-bombs ahead! ow.ly/leZmt 3 hours ago
- The one and only. In fact it was "The Sky is Crying"! RT @angelacedrone: love this crying guitar, Stevie Ray Vaughn? 3 hours ago
- CBS News: How to Help Those Affected By The #Oklahoma Tornado ow.ly/leXrr #PrayForOklahoma 4 hours ago
- RT @bruinfan27: Appreciate @WZLX and the @Doors marathon 17 hours ago